<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sprockets 

Over the years I have replaced the Heavy Duty 530 chain  a few times. Note that I said chain, I've not done a full sprocket and chain set. I know this is inadvisable but I found that the supposedly HD chain wore quite rapidly withe some dirt road use whilst the sprockets still looked OK.

Anyway, this time the front sprocket was starting to be hooked and so a full set had to be fitted. I decided to try a 520 O-ring conversion, as per the later Kanguro models, as experience on other bikes suggests that 'branded' 520 chain has quite a bit of use in it between adjustments.


The sprockets from NLM were rather a tight fit. I only managed to fit the rear by getting it fairly warm with a hot air blower (shouldn't spoil the hardening at such a low temperature) and then seating it by gradual, but as fast as I could, tightening of the bolts. I suspect that the sprocket wouldn't slip if the bolts were removed!

While messing with the sprockets I had the opportunity to clean and check the brake drum - lots of lining left.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?