<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Still running

I took the Kanguro on a 100km round trip to the Staffordshire moorlands area yesterday. I'd seen an interesting-looking ridge road on the map and it seemed like a perfect length to check the ignition and carb balance a bit more. Close to Longnor the bike felt rough and cut out a second or so later. What's the problem? I'd run out of petrol! Well I still had 'reserve' but was the next petrol station in range? Well it was, I put 9.3 litres into a quoted 10 litre tank so I had a maximum of 10 miles or so left. In England the petrol stations are closing down as customers search out bargains to fill their tanks at petrol stations. That's fine with a car but not great on an enduro bike with a maximum range of 160 miles.

Comments:
I too was out enjoying myself on my 1990 X3 on Sunday. Back roads to Northallerton - Ripon, through Nidderdale & Pately Bridge. Down through Wharfedale to Bolton Abbey, Skipton, and Keighley. Came back via Silsden, Addingham, Harrogate, Ripon, and A19 home to Teesside. Must have done about 160+ miles. Was pretty merciless most of the time, and saw 145Km on clock on Keighley bypass. It was a good ride, bike just lapped it up. I've got a good few other bikes to ride but my Kanguro never fails to make me smile, and copes with all conditions without a murmur of complaint. Wish I'd got one years ago.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?