<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Too tight!


I assembled the Indian Lambretta stator onto the Morini baseplate with 3mm Alllen headed screws and locking nuts. It looked good and due to the shape of the alloy casting must be pretty well centred.


Last night I fitted it to the engine and all looked good. I even got a few photos of the increased ignition voltage. However as the engine heated up the rotor started to bind on the laminations of the stator. I knew there was less clearance in the centre hole but hoped it was adequate. Basically it's not! As an experiment I tightened the rotor onto the crankshaft and that made it bind in the centre when I turned the rotor by hand.


Unless I can find an easy way to enlarge the centre of the stator, that's the end of that route. A pity as there was significantly higher volts at kick over and idle.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?