<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 08, 2009

Soft luggage

I need to set up the Kanguro to carry some camping gear. I decided on soft saddle bags/panniers for clothes and food but had a bit of a choice for the bags themselves. Ok I could use rucsacs from Decathalon at £20 each but that would need messing with the bags and often that sort of budget bag aren't well made. So in the classier range of motorcycle soft luggage I think there are four choices:

  1. Andy-Strapz expedition panniers. These look excellent but the UK website had no stock when I looked. I've no time to order from Oz.
  2. Ortlieb soft case, or perhaps their cycle products. These will be waterproof but I'm not confident about the strength of the clip-on-off system. Too many bits of plastic.
  3. Wolfman expedition saddle bags look neat and I know that their stuff is well thought out and well made. No zips is a good thing as even the best made ones don't like dirt and tugging.
  4. Dirt-Bagz seem to combine lots of useful ideas into a neat package. This was perhaps my first choice but I was slightly put off by the need for a special support. When it came to order I didn't know of a UK importer.

Due to previous experience and known importer I decided to get the Wolfman expedition bags in a tasteful yellow. These WILL need a support even though the side panels on a Kanguro are quite large so to a degree I wished I'd got the Dirt-Bagz.

I'll post pictures as I go.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?