<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Carb balance

During last week's service I decided not to balnace the carbs. Leave well alone I thought. Well, on Saturday's trip out the idle speed seemed far too high, even for a hot day, and so on my return I adjusted the slide stops to reduce the idling. Of course they needed evening out and then the cable adjustment setting for even opening. It seemed right.

Of course the worry is that although it may be fine when HOT, will the engine still start from cold and idle smoothly after a sensible warm-up period. So I went out for a little spin. Now a bit of throttle is needed as well as a single enricher for a cold start. Also hot starts need more throttle opening than I'd hoped. Nonetheless after a few km the idle is good at below 1500 rpm and picks up smoothly. I'll take that as a success for now. Time will tell...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?