<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

MOT

Yesterday I took the Kanguro for its annual road worthiness test. I had been concerned that it might be difficult to start as it's not been out for a while and it does have daft days. Anyway, no problem, second kick and off it went.

Everything was fine for the test as I'd expected.

Riding the bike after a break highlighted a few aspects. The gears are very low - you're soon in second - but this means you've a lot of revs at low speeds whatever. I think this is why itt can be a bit fierce in the dirt. The suspension is bouncy soft, the front brake does nothing with a little squeeze but then bites. The breaking was fine for the test.

Despite mentioning these aspects of the ride it did go nicely and but for the torrential rain and rush hour traffic I would have gone for a little ride. Perhaps it would make a good supermoto style machine?

Comments:
Hi,

Funny you should mention if the Kanguro would make a good supermoto, I am midway through converting my 1984 X1 into a sort of supermoto/flat tracker hybrid. I have fitted Husqvarna forks and a Suzuki rear end with Suzuki 17" wheels. Details at the following links :-

Phase 1:-
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73
Phase 1:-
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94

By the way, excellent blog with invaluable information for anyone running one of these obscure but capable machines.

Regards

Robin
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?