<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Stalling

Today I went out for a little practice trip and found that the engine had a tendancy to cut out at low revs. After a few kicks it would restart and idle perfectly. It was a damp day and there were lots of puddles on the ground. I did wade a few of them as I know that there is a stream crossing in a forthcoming trial. Iwas wondering if thsi was water on the ignition coil.

Whilst out I did note that one of the carb breather pipes was caught between the tank and airbox and might have been squeezed closed. After removing it the problem went - but then again it wasn't raining then either. As I've had the tank on & off a few times this could be responsible for a chnage in running.

At home I experimented with squeezing the breather closed but thsi didn't make the engine stall. Of course, it is possible that a period of running is needed to make a vacuum or whatever. I've resited the pipe anyway.

Next job will be to get the front of the engine wet with the hosepipe on 'mist'. Also to examine the coil/wire connections and possibly spray it with PCB sealer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?