<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Little jobs

Today's first job was to investigate the stalling. After warming the engine up I used the hose pipe to spray a bit of mist around the alternator. Nothing happened so I squirted more. Eventually I just let water go in. The idle remained constant. From this I can't believe that a few drops of water are goinf to be a problem. As the cam belt and pulleys were wet I then went for a little trip to dry everything off. Just 30km on the road. The problem didn't recur, idle was fine at all stops although it did speed up as the engine got hot in a queue.

The chain had become slack during the Land's End Trial. From the chiaravalli website I found that the max wear lenght for an unsealed 530 chain is 256.5mm for 16 links. Mine is still shorter than that so I simply tightened it up a spot. As before, it must be tight whilst on the stand as the pulley releases the chain as the arm levels.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?