<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

A little cleaning

A few things to clean up. First was the dirt - The engine and frame have lots of crevices and bits of Cornwall were embedded in them.

I had also had problems with light from the headlight shining behind the instruments and dazzling me. On the trial I'd put a bit of tape across but that was untidy. My plan was to remove the lamp from the surround and cover the edge of the lens with sticky aluminium tape. However I have previously used Loctite to fit anti-vibration mounts into the mounting nuts and so these would not undo readily. I didn't want to apply heat to the threads as I feared this could damage the lens. I therefore compromised by taping across the top of the lens with it inside the plastic. It appears to have had the desired effect.



I've also started to clean up a tank that I had obtained that is in the original paint and undented. It has a few minor knocks, one of which was rusty. I've cleaned that down to metal and painted it with primer. Now I need some matching touchup paint.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?