<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Rear rack

I'm down to the little things now but they take a surprising amount of time to sort out. I still have to deal with the seat covering but wanted to check that the seat woudl come off and on with the rack in place - I knew it was a tight fit. Quickly I saw that a little needed to be sawn off to make placement easier. I did it carefully with the rack on the back as it's quite fiddly to take off. Then I discovered that the 'proper' seat foam extends further than on the butchered seat I had tested. So I had to take the rack off to saw 10mm off it. Now that's done the seat attachments don't catch at all and the rack shoudl be clear of the vinyl cover.

I've taken the new cover and the seat indoors so they can warm through a little and hopefully the cover will lose some of its creases.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?