<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Oil change

OK, so it should be done with a hot engine to get the oil out. Nonetheless it seemed sensible to do this before the rigours of starting with unadjusted carbs. To compensate for cold oil I left it to drip for 2 hours before refilling. I also ran a little light oil into the sump to flush out the last remains. Considering that the engine has only done 600km since the last oil change the oil was black and carrying a fair few bits and pieces. I suspect that the engine had received little attention in the past... I'll plan to do another change before the next long trip.

To tidy things up I've refitted the sump breather and put lots of cable ties onto the wiring.

On a completely different tack, I've moved the kickstart lever 2 splines anticlockwise to try to get a longer active kick. The key thing though is to ensure that the ratchet disengages completely when the lever is against the alloy stop.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?