<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 04, 2005

Engine restarted

Now I needed to refit the exhaust system. I'd like to get some stainless header pipes so decided against an attempt at painting the headers. As the paint on the after market silencer was rough I stripped it off and cleaed it down to a presentable plain stainless. Before a long trip I must safety wire the header nuts!

With everything in place and fresh oil it was time to start the engine. Naturally I had to kick it over numerous times before it fired - even then I resorted to EasyStart spray. Then the task was to fiddle with idle mixture and throttle stop screws until the engine would run unaided. It did, and I did a rough balance of the carbs but wasn't happy with it as it was reluctant to restart.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?