<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Rewiring

The last few days have been rather too cold to work in the garage. Today I started with good intentions of doing a lot but had some housework to do and then needed to clean out a gutter...

I've fitted the transducers and first part of the wiring loom and battery box, which in theory is enough for the bike to run. It's worth noting that the transducer with the longer HT lead goes on the right of the frame and feeds the front cylinder.



So far I've chosen not to remove the powder coating and make a ground to the frame. I'm not sure that I need too. The key thing is that there's a lead directly from the engine cases to the bolt where the transducer grounds attach. Other grounds link into a bolt in the battery box. I'll have to check whether lights or anything ground to the frame. The rear certainly don't!



Also I've refitted the gear linkage, better placed than last time as it doesn't foul the kickstart. In that area I fitted a stainless 7mm retaining bolt. Then, before replacing the rear brake lever I had to retap the 8mm thread as it was rough and wouldn't take a new bolt. The old bolt had a worn thread.

Final thing was the clutch cable.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?