<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Second carb

Another session of little jobs. Importantly I've finished cleaning the 2nd carb. One of the inlet manifolds was lacking its 'heatshield' but luckily I had one on a spare carb. I did wonder if there was a problem with the float as the pin fell out. On examination I realised that it doesn't need to be held in place as it is stopped from moving by the float bowl.

I also cleaned the bits of chain guard/guide and selected stainless screws for it. I took the opportunity to trial-fit the pieces so that I could attach the bracket onto the swing arm. It can't really stay in place as it obstructs fitting the chain. Now I know I've all the bits I need and that they are clean. One day I'll have to decide how little of the assembly is really needed as it seems to accumulate a lot of dirt in its multitude or corners.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?