<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rear wheel

Another 90 minutes and I've refitted the rear hub & wheel, the handlebars & disc brake and the gearshift grease nipple. Ok, only little jobs but they needed doing. The rear hub and spokes needed a bit of a clean again as did the brake torque arm. The latter has a lot of corners and wasn't cleaned very well after the bike's last trip.

The bars were left connected to, and above, the brake caliper so as to keep the brake system free of air bubbles. It just bolted on at both ends. The forks still clunk. The more I mess with them, the more I'm sure they have too much preload and are topping out.

The grease nipple on the shift tube (it carries the nlinkage from the left to right side of the bike) took a spot longer than anticipated. The thread had a little powder coating in it and so needed a quick turn with an M6 tap. Also I thin found it needed to be spaced with a washer to stop it obstructing the fitting of the gear linkage. I can't see me ever filling the tube with grease so I was tempted to fit a small bolt to seal the hole. I suppose this looks more orginal! Just to be safe, I added a drop of blue Loctite to the threads.



Although the last few nights have just been just little jobs I now have a rolling chassis with a stand so I can move it around as required.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?