<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Refit a few parts

After discussing the options for remaking the swingarm pivot with NP I remade the thread in the frame with a kit from uni-thread. This is a system vety similar to the well known 'helicoil' but rather cheaper. The thread was originally M14x1.5mm (ie metric medium) and I've fitted the same.


Whilst in the garage I also refitted the steering bearing carriers. They came out quite easily and so I didn't anticipate any problem getting them back in.

I elected to use a piece of M10 studding as a puller and it worked well. At first I did need to lightly tap the carriers to keep them in line. I fitted the upper first and then the lower to minimise the risk of getting them in diagonally.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?