<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Not a leg to stand on

The sidestand on the Kanguro is mounted on the swingarm. However on this bike both the stand and bracket were terribly bent - I assume the PO had used it whilst starting the bike. When the swingarm was removed it was clear that the mount had been repaired a little.



I had to choose between improving the bracket and fabricating a new stand or removing the bracket and continuing to use the centrestand. I chose the latter route and also intend to make a bolt-on frame-mounted side stand in the future. After taking plentiful photographs in case I wish to remake the bracket I cut it off with a hacksaw.



The remaining material was carefully removed with an angle grinder and a handfile to leave a fairly flat surface. As this area is behind the frame I'm hoping that any roughness still visible after powder coating will be hidden.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?