<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Shakedown

Another shakedown ride. Very soon the bike was running terribly and after having difficulty maintaining an idle I gave it a good look over and found that the carb balance pipe had split. As it was long, looping over the air filter I pulled it back, cut the end off and routed it more directly. The rest of the ride was uneventful except that I found how awful it would be to stall on a hill!

A local hill has a fairly easy start but then turns sharply and becomes steeper and surfaced with rough stones. I didn't tackle this firmly enough and stalled on it. Couldn't get neutral so had to roll back a bit, which wasn't easy, and then fought to get neutral. Then the engine wouldn't start. Eventually it got going and I negotiated the spot with plenty of revs and feet down.

At home I got some pipe for the balance pipe and rebalanced the carbs before fitting it. Fitted 2 pieces of spark cable too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?