<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 07, 2004

On the Road

This morning I took the Kanguro for its MOT, the government's basic test of vehicle safety and function. It's not a very strict test especially for older motorcycles as few regulations are introduced retrospectively.
The ride was eventful as during the mile and a half I stalled the engine 3 times as the clutch action is very suddent. Luckily it's an easy starter! I tried adjusting the cable as I went along and only made it worse.
The bike passed without problems and I adjusted the clutch cable again. The journey home was better. Now I think I need to look at a few things:

With the MOT and insurance certifciates I was able to buy the Vehicle Licence, more often known as a Tax Disc as that's what it is. Now I've all the paperwork and a running bike so I need to ride it to get used to it and find its foibles.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?