<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Warm oil

For the last week the weather has been unusually warm here. Not hot, but a little more heat than is average for an English springtime.

The Kanguro has had an oil leak from the left all the time I've had it, but now the drip is faster. If it's like this on a warm day how will the oil stay in when the engine is run all day?

I've looked all around the engine and the oil appears to be coming from the left hand engine cover gasket. It doesn't seem to be the 'dry' clutch... I'm not looking forward to doing this job as there are a lot of bits to replace, seals that might get damaged and the ignition timing gets disturbed. The latter aspect really annoys me. This is bad design. I suppose Lambertini thought that if the left cover has to come off then a timing job is likely to be needed for some other reason.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?