<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Getting ready to swap

Even when you think you're ready to change engines you can find 101 items still connected. The carbs and airboxes have to go if you want an easy time with the engine. Then there are the sump guards which were each carrying a thick layer of greasy gravel.

As I've no intention of running the engine for long with an old cam belt I removed the flywheel from the X3 engine. My flywheel tool wouldn't fit so I fabricated one from a table tennis bat-shaped piece of 9mm HDPVC sheet and stainless bolts. It took longer than anticipated as I mismeasured the radius of the holes and so had to do lots of adjustment to get it to fit. Once that was done it worked a treat.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?